March 15, 2005

 
Well, where do I begin. It's been kind of up and down these last few days. This chapter of my life is definitely coming to a close. It's going to be strange, moving away from all this. I don;t think I feel scared anymore though...I think I actually feel ready, almost relieved with the surety of closure. A part of me still wnats to stay on, get the second degree, get the master's degree, do something to stay...but part of me is completely ready to go. Hopefully that part of me will be the stronger one. I think so. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror earlier and for the first time I felt like I really saw a man looking back at me. I've always felt...well, younger than I am, and my actions have reflected that. I feel a difference now though, a growing confidence in who I am and my abilities. There's a certain coldness though also, cause the path I see before me, as hazy as it is, looks like a lonely one.
Right now, what I see is the few things I have left to do here, in this phase, and the goodbyes and letting go I have to do. I think I'm going to go for a little bike ride. When I come back I have some dishes, then some writing. Four days more, andit is over. Wow. Those words, finally, are really dawning on me.
Brace yourself world, I'm coming onto the scene. I might come quietly, but you will know without a doubt when I arrive.

Oh yeah, I have a new motto.
I got it from a silly little movie called "The First Twenty Million".
Are you ready? Okay, here it is...
Simplify,Clarify, Economize

Got it? Good. Live by it.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?