March 01, 2005

 
When I got up today and looked out the window the sky looked nice. I just got home and was quite soaked by the rain that decided to come down. Where did it come from? Funn how things change over twelve hours. I'm happy though - I attended a panel discusion and was able to bring a half tray of food home. Oh yeah. Anything I don't have to cook makes me happy. Kind of interesting getting it all home while riding my bike in the rain, but it all worked out. That's why I carry plastic grocery bags in my back pack.
Anyway, class today was interesting. Reading Yeats a bit, and a couple of lines stuck out for me.

"Who dreamed that beauty passes like a dream" - The Rose of the World

"I cast my heart into my rhymes" - To Ireland in the Coming Times

"A woman of so shining loveliness
That men threshed corn at midnight by a tress,
A little stolen tress." - The Secret Rose

"Had they but courage equal to desire" - The Consolation

"For Fergus...rules the shadows of the wood
And the white breast of the sea
And all disheveled wandering stars." - Who Goes with Fergus?

"The gray wolf knows me" - The Madness of King Goll

Yeah, that's pretty much it. These lines just jumped out at me. interesting to have the meter Yeats used, to kind of shake things up a bit. Quite interesting. And learnign about his lady love that turned down his proposals like five or six times - he was so enamoured of her that later in life he even proposed to her daughter, who also turned him down. Poor guy.

Just one class for tomorrow, last one actually for NAtional Poetics. I;m busy enough though. Besides three papers and the big research one that is overdue, I need to get soe regular work done over in Sweet Hall, and rip the hard drives out of the old computers we're tossing. Crazy things - like four or six MB hard drives. Wow. They still turn on, but as they have student info on them and I can't figure out a secure way to delete the hard drives (the DoD level HD wiper I use on PCs doesn't work on these ancient Macs), I just have to physically destroy the HDs. Ah well, lots of stuff to do. As such, hasta luego, mi amigo.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?