June 19, 2005

 
I've actually seen a couple of good movies in a row recently, with the crowning one being "Batman Begins" which I saw with my dad tonight for Father's Day. First I rented "Hitch" for my birthday (you have to love the free video for your birthday at Hollywood Video), which was actually quite good. I used to think of actually doing something along the lines of what that character does. Except, my idea was more for men who were already husbands, but were kind of clueless when it came to romancing their wives, or understanding them, or...well, you get the idea. Anyway, good movie. Then, I saw "Mr. and Mrs. Smith." No academy award stuff going on in that, but it was quite a fun movie, mixing humor and action quite well, I thought. But really the movie that beats them all is "Batman Begins." It is 50 times better than any of the other Batman movies. No silly comic-book villians, like Jim Carey's The Riddler; this Batman is much more human, and Bale does justice to the storyline. I've heard they might restart the whole Batman frnachise with this movie, which will be interesting if they do. Comparing it to the other movies is kind of like comparing the old animated version of "Lord of the Rings" to the new live action one. Each has its place, but the new blows away the old.

Anyway, my dad actually has a day off tomorrow, since it is father's day. He was going to take my birthday off last week, but ended up having to orient a new employee. He did make it for my graduation at least, which I'm glad for. As usual, he works too much. C'est la vie.

Life in general - it feels like it is going by too quickly and too slowly at the same time. I have so much to do, and I'm not getting a fifth of it done. On one hand there's just so much to do, but on the other I'm both not organized nor disciplined enough to get all that I could do done. I want more of my old life back, when ideas instead of events occupied my mind. I want...so many things. Nothing happens though till I take action and make it happen. I guess what's hardest is the things I want that I can not make happen, no matter what effort I put into it. I feel quite a bit like II Cor 4:8-9 ~ "hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." It's complicated...it's life. The only thing to do is live it.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?