August 23, 2005

 
Muir Woods Hikers


I wanted to blog about my Muir Woods trip the day I got back, but I was too sore.

Anyway, last Saturday Andrew, Sale, Greg, Anya, and myself went to Muir Woods. Kind of had to drag Sale along, working past his whole anti-social mentality, but he wanted to do soemthing before law school started, so we didn't have to twist his arm too bad. It was a lot of fun. Originally Yessica, Lynette, and Giselle were supposed to come also, but they all had to back out. Anya invited Greg at the last moment - never met him before, but he seemed nice enough. I guess he's in her dance group, and is a great cook. Andrew talked about a fancy apple pie he made at Anya's little apple soiree last weekend. He was the post hiker-looking among us - had the whole REI boots and backpack thing going on.
Anyway, we made it to Muri Woods, got in, and started on a seven mile or so hike that lasted about five and half hours, including our lunch break. Two miles were over flat ground - the main little loop that is set up like a boardwalk so everyone has accessibility to it. After that though - up and down inumerable switchbacks and decently steep slopes. I didn't realize how bad of shape I am in - I felt it after hiking. Still, I can't wait to do it again.
For me, the best part was really getting to work out with my new camera. I'm still figuring out all the f-stop/aperature/shutter speed/white balance/bracketing/depth of field/ISO/AE lock/etc ad infinitum stuff on the camera. I think I got a couple good shots in though. You can look at them, starting here. I think I have 16 or so shots posted from the hike.
More later - I need to get to bed. Hawaii is coming up soon, and there is a ton of stuff to do before leaving. Adios, mi amigos.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?