October 28, 2005

 
One of my struggles as a Christian is that I've never felt like I was a particularly "joyful" one - it's been something I've grappled with - how does one become joyful? You know - the whole "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." Never really flet that in my life. Anyway, just was reading in my new copy of "My Utmost for His Highest" - and for October 27th Chambers talks about when the disciples came back from their first sending out, all amazed and "joyful" because of the power they had had in what they had done. Basically, Jesus sets them straight, saying, in Oswald's words, "Don't rejoice in succesful service; the great secret of joy is that you are rightly related to Me."

That was a bit of a new thought to me of having that be the basis of Christian joy. Good stuff to chew on, good stuff to live by. I pray that my relationship with God does become the basis of joy in my life.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?