November 17, 2005

 
Sometimes I'm so brilliant I shock myself - literally.

The floodlight out front wasn't working tonight so I tried changing the bulb. It still wasn't working, so I unplugged the whole unit and took it inside so I could have a better look at it. Plugged it in, tried a second bulb - still nothing. I was going to give up and unplugged it, but then noticed that there might be a little something on the contacts. So, I gave it a rub with my finger. Decided to try it again, plugged it back in, and voila, the light came on - for about two seconds. I must not have cleaned the contact good enough. Unscrew the bulb again, look inside, and in goes my finger, reaching deeper this time. Suddenly I'm dancing a little jig like leprechaun. Oops, forgot to unplug it.

I just threw the unit away. I'll get a new one tomorrow.
Comments:
I laughed out loud. Thanks.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?