January 19, 2006

 
Life is always interesting.

Sunday, started teaching Sunday school again. I haven;t done this in about ten years I think, and last time I did it my class consisted of 3-7 year-olds, instead of 20-30 year-olds. I think my basic lesson plan, while it could use some tweaking, was alright. I'm really rusty at and kind of presentation though, and I've never liked "public speaking" on any kind of level. Life's all about stretching yourself though, right? Anyway, I saw a need and felt like it was something that I could do.
Work, while still not yet full-time, is looking up. I'll be working on campus three days a week, for the law school. Should be interesting. I've actually thought about, when I go back to school, looking into a law degree, or possibly and MBA. Or maybe I'll just stick with my writing. Anyway, I plan on working off some of my student loans first.
Then, got back last night and the dog is dying. So many deaths over the last twelve months. You can tell when it's coming, and usually from some distance off, but still...you never want to go through it. At least I haven't had any human friends die in a good long while. Actually, one of my "sisters" is back in touch after going away a number of years ago (I'm an only child, but I have a lot of extended family, including a number of people that lived with my family when I was a teenager). I don't think she's ready to come back home (in a Christian sense), but at least she's making contact. So very much has happened to her - it's not surprising that she's reacted the way she has, but it still saddens me. The walls around her heart are tall, but I love her and always will. Everyone...it's just the way I am. Love is a choice, and once I choose to love someone, it's forever. Feelings come and go, but the choice stays the same. I wonder which is worse - seeing someone you love in a Christian/familial sense choose to follow a non-Christian path, or having someone you love in a romantic sense choose someone else. I should know this, as I've had both happen, but I really can't say. I guess what's amazing is how many times the heart can take it. I guess that's why a little contact and positive glimmers make you feel so amazing. I know the person I was just mentioning has a long way to go yet, and I don't know if she'll ever come back to God, but it makes me happy at least that she's back in contact, even if just a little. I have another "brother" that I haven't heard from or about in many years. Every so often he comes to mind and I wonder what's going on in his life, and I wish there was some way to contact him. You can't make other people's choices for them though.

What you can do is live your own life, and live it well. I am not there yet, where I want to be, but I'm trying. And never surrendering is the first step to never failing. It's not how you start, but how you finish.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?