February 14, 2008

 

V-Day

Well isn't this a fine way to spend V-Day ~ taking pictures of loving
couples in a restaurant. Actually, it's probably better than any of my
Valentine's in the past --- at least tonight I'm making money and
doing something I enjoy. Still, being a party of one does get old, and
even when you're used to it, you still would like it to change.
My main concern tonight is just that I get enough money to at least
mostly cover all I put out for tonight (250+)...though most all of the
stuff will be good beyond tonight. Think the only consumables were ink
and paper, but they were about a hundred just on their own. It's not
easy starting a business up from nothing more than something you love.
But, I guess if you're going to do it, doing it in something you love
is the best way to go.
I'm just happy I have my phone to keep me busy while I wait for
customers. Five couples so far...lots of down time. The Tea with Santa
was much more frenetic. but that was mainly because I had to get
everything printed as well. and only had about a 45 minute turnaround
time, as well as having a lot more people to take care of.
I'm not quite sure yet where I want this to go, but I'm really curious
to see what happens with it. Been making a number of good contacts,
just need to make it all come together.
Typing on these tiny keys is somewhat difficult, so stopping this for
now. Happy Valentine's Day, wherever and with whomever you might be.

--
"The writing remains on the paper for an age, while its writer gets
reduced to dust." ~ unnamed ancient copyist of the "Chachnamah"
"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When
images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel
Adams

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?